Your Bargaining Committee has reached a tentative agreement with GKN. By now you should have received the Company’s entire contract offer complete with every change to contract language, benefits and economics.
The five-year proposal includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- General Wage Increases of 1.5% in 2016, 1.75% in 2018, and 2.5% in 2020
- Lump sum payments of $2,000 in 2017 and 2019
- Pension increases from $1.73 per hour to $2 per hour in 2016-2019 and $2.05 in 2020. (This will bring the multiplier to $85.46 effective April 1, 2016 and $87.33 effective January 1, 2020.)
- No increases in health care employee rate contributions in 2016 and 2017 for PPO and Value$aver Plus plans
- A 1% increase each year from 2018 to 2020 in health care employee rate contributions for the PPO plan only
- Short term disability increase from $450 to $475 per week
- The Company will pay up to $125 per year of OSHA approved steel-toe safety shoes
Your entire Bargaining Committee unanimously recommends ratification to the proposed contract.
We encourage every member to review the proposed changes and be prepared to vote on Sunday, January 24 at the Plumbers & Pipefitters 562 hall located at 12385 Larimore Rd, St. Louis, MO. The meeting starts at 10 am (doors open at 9 am).
We will begin the meeting with an overview of the entire contract followed by a question and answer period. Once all members have had an opportunity to get their questions answered, we will commence voting.
On behalf of your Bargaining Committee, I want to thank each of you for your tremendous support and display of solidarity.
President/Directing Business Representative